Well, today is Friday and we have finally reached year 4 of my time in DC. Thanks so much for bearing with me!
It’s a bit more difficult to reflect on something so fresh, so I’ve decided to give you year four at a glance. Plus, since I started blogging much more frequently this year, a lot of it has already been written!
So here goes, we’ll ease in with a little pop culture…
Favorite Song: I Run To You, Lady Antebellum
Favorite New Show: Modern Family
Favorite Old Show I Never Knew I Needed: Friday Night Lights
Favorite Movie: Crazy Heart (Also, am I the only one who actually liked Valentine’s Day?)
- A surprise trip to Kansas City to see Eliza Joy (currently, she’s anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Hannah!!)
- Channeling my inner Julia Child
- A big move down the street
- Discovering the greatest cupcake in the world
- My first experience on the Carnival Pride
- Seeing Beth Moore with my mom and sisters—LOVE!
Book of the Year: Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart. Here are some posts she inspired:
Favorite worship song: Restoration by David Brymer
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!”
Psalm 37:3 (NKJV)
“Blessed are those who DWELL in your house; they are ever praising you. Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.”
Psalm 84:4-5 (NIV)