Hope you’re enjoying these posts as much as I am! Up next we have another one of my fabulous, fun, and beautiful college roommates: Ansley McCarty Craine. You might remember Ansley and Will’s story from this post. Enjoy!!
Name: Ansley McCarty Craine
City: Midland, Tx
Current Season: Newlywed-ish
1. What is one thing things you can’t live without?
2. The current book(s) by your bedside table are…
Crazy Love and The Help
3. Your number one song played on iTunes is…
“Get on the Floor” –J Lo
4. Fill in the blanks: If I didn’t have __________, I would be _____________.
If I didn’t have my phone (which I don’t), I would (I do) feel really disconnected.
5. What do you like best about your current season?
Spending lots of quality time with my husband!
6. What is one difficulty or burden you’ve experienced/are facing in your current season?
Now that I am working full time, it’s much harder to have the time and energy to do things around the house. And on a less superficial level, I am being challenged about my commitment to Christ by the book, “Crazy Love.” I don’t want to be a lukewarm follower of Jesus.
7. Tell us one way you’ve seen or experienced God during the past year.
My husband, Will, and I went to a Young Life camp for mentally and or physically handicapped people. We both learned so much and were impacted by our time there with our special needs friends. At camp I saw how truly patient God is with us especially since we are so prone to wander off, seek our own way, forget that he provides, not believe that what he says is true, question why, and doubt his plan. He is so patient with us despite the fact that we do these same things over and over again. My eyes were opened to this immense patience as I found myself growing weary of being patient.
8. What is one name of God you have come to appreciate lately?
God, the Redeemer
9. What’s one Bible verse that has been a lifeline for you recently?
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
10. Where do you go to be encouraged or inspired?
Other than the Bible, my husband and family.
11. Do you have any advice for other girls who are in, or may be entering, your season soon?
Always do your best to communicate and clear the air of any tension or frustration that could build and stand in between you and your husband, friends, family, and co-workers too.