|Image via Bon Appetit|
Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a fabulous week! This weekend is BIG. Two of my favorite days fall back-to-back. Tomorrow, we have the Kentucky Derby! I mean, who doesn’t love a good horse race?
If you need some ideas on how to celebrate, why don’t you don your most favorite sundress, throw on a fabulous hat, and then make the following:
For more ideas, check out Southern Living’s Derby Recipes.
Then, as soon as you hang your hat up after the races, it’s time for Cinco de Mayo! Here are some fun recipes:
- I love Ina Garten’s margarita recipe.
- Bon Apepetit has a great Cinco de Mayo Recipe Guide.
- Or if you really want to be adventurous, you can try to make your own chile rellenos. Now, this is our own creation, so I don’t have an official recipe, but essentially, here’s what you do:
- Combine shredded chicken, diced mushrooms, cream cheese, and Monterrey jack cheese together and blend over medium heat. Season with cumin, coriander, and any other Mexican flavors you like.
- Boil poblano peppers and create a slit down the side.
- Fill peppers with chicken stuffing.
- Then here’s the fun part: wrap the peppers in cresent roll dough (can you tell this is totally low calorie?!)
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes
- If you decide to make this, and I HIGHLY recommend it, you can email at longtoloveblog(at)gmail.com me with questions!