So, as I mentioned yesterday, this past weekend, I was in New York, and I just have to tell you: sometimes in life, things are hard, unknown and confusing, but sometimes, even if just for a few days, God paves the way and goes out of His way to bless you.
The entire time we were there, I just felt God blessing us.
1. B had an interview so his flight and hotel for two nights were covered.
2. I decided to take the train and was able to work the entire way, not having to miss an extra day of work.
3. The company told B to block off all day on Friday for the interview, but it turned out that there were two groups, and so B was done by 12, which gave us an extra afternoon to play and explore.
4. Not only was it Broadway week and we got a great deal on tickets (you know me and by bargains!), but it was also restaurant week, so we had a fabulous three-course meal with Cally and Marshall before the show.
5. B had to fly home Saturday night, which at first I was disappointed by, but then I realized it gave me a night with my sweet sister to do the things we do best–shop, nails, eat, mud masks, and catch up on all the really important things we’ve missed like Grey’s Anatomy, Real Housewives, and Downton Abbey (say what you want about the rest, but Downton Abbey IS important!) A night in with my sister is just what I needed and I can’t tell you what a blessing it was to get so much quality time with her!
I know God is sovereign over the big, huge, major things in our lives, but He’s also sovereign and in our midst in something small like a weekend trip to New York. As we bounced around 5th Avenue, I just kept thinking, “thank you, Lord!” We’ve been trying to get up to New York since the fall, but on our lovely business school budget that we’re currently operating on, it just hasn’t worked out. I felt so grateful that God found a way to provide it for us, I felt so loved that He would carve out a weekend for us that we could enjoy AND throw us a few deals and discounts along the way. He’s just that incredible!