|My graduation day in 2006 with Josie & Megan
(I would have posted Abby, but she has no Facebook pics–smart girl!)
- It IS possible to spend all of your salary on rent and live off of popcorn—I didn’t have much food, but my apartment was amazing and I’ve never been skinnier!
- Happy Hours at the end of a long workday are your friend—embrace them, have fun, but just don’t have TOO much fun, because you have to wake up and do it all over again the next day.
- And while we’re on the subject of drinking, be careful about drinking around co-workers and your boss—moderation is always key, but in this instance, it’s crucial.
- A fabulous pair of black pumps will take you far—invest in a pair that make you feel confident and beautiful.
- Always keep a survival kit with a toothbrush, deodorant, Tylenol, perfume, lotion, and a little powder and concealer in your office—you will be glad you did!
- Some offices can be filled with toxic gossip—don’t let it suck you in.
- Be sure never to tear down the other people your work with—no matter how much you may want to, it’s not becoming.
- Kickball and softball teams are always a good idea!
- When your friends start getting married, it can be expensive to try to make an appearance, but DO it! I made lots of financial sacrifices to get to weddings, but never regretted a single one. They’re like mini-reunions throughout the year!
- After each wedding you attend, be sure you write a thank you note to the parents of the bride—they worked hard to provide that mini-reunion!
- Get plugged into a church and a girls’ Bible study ASAP. I kind of floundered around for a year like a fish out of water. Had I made it a priority to get spiritually connected, I think my first year out of college would have been much easier.
- There is ONE “Mr. Right” for you and he’s worth waiting for—don’t waste too much time on the “Mr. Right Nows.”
- No matter what happens, hold tightly to the promise that “God will fulfill the purposes He has for you.” (Psalm 138:8) Not only does He love you, but He has a plan. Stick with Him and He will reveal it to you.